Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Life of a Mall Worker

     I stared working at Lady Foot Locker when I was only seventeen years old. It was the PERFECT job for a high school student. I played soccer and tennis throughout high school, so knowing I had endless options of athletic clothes and shoes (and got a discount!!) was about the best thing in the world. All my friends were insanely jealous that I landed this job right on the spot. I came in for my interview in my soccer uniform, acted myself, and was hired right then and there. 
     Who knew I was going to be here three years later, helping pick out associates to hire. I love my job...must of the time. You do have to deal with the crazy people of the mall, kids running around knocking shoes over, and people arguing about invalid coupons. I work about thirty hours a week here and trust me, every day is a new day. It is not a predictable job. You never know how sales will be; you can have a great day or hardly even have a sale at all.
     One thing that I am thankful for from this job is seeing all the different people come in. You really get a feel for the real world and sometimes it makes you appreciate what you have. I see some people come in who hardly have any money and five seconds later, I have a woman spend about $500 dollars. You just never know what to expect. I've seen all varieties of people and it is fascinating to me to really get a view of the economy in a sense.
     It is crazy how much a retail job can actually teach you. I've learned how to work with different people, handle awful situations, see people steal, notice drug addicts come in, and people who have all the money in the world to spend. It's really an eye opener when you get out into retail. I know my job has taught me major patience and I am really grateful of that. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment