Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 28, 2014

AND IT'S A GOALLLLL!!!

SOCCER. WORLD CUP. BRASIL. Words cannot explain how excited I am that the US made it into the round of 16. My family, hands down, is a soccer family. I am one of four girls in my family and each of us have grown up on soccer. It is easy to say we breathe soccer in our family. My sister's high school team actually took second at state this year. ALL of us have played, so obviously we are super into the world cup.
It's crazy how many teams start out and one by one you watch them narrow down. One goal can be a game winning factor. We wait and wait and wait until the golden moment when a goal is scored. We see the fouls called, the red cards given out, the shots taken, injuries, and even biting. Soccer is so exciting; keeping the whole world on it's feet.
     The whole world seems to be united, in a way, when the World Cup comes around. Every country is supporting their team, crossing their fingers that they make it to the next game. The whole world is watching, waiting. How much joy a win can bring to a country is unbelievable. Sports can unite. Maybe we can use sports in a sense to unite the world?
     You all know what I will be doing come Tuesday. I will be at work, streaming the game, scaring my customers away from all my screaming. It is such an exciting time in the world of sports!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment