Total Pageviews

Monday, June 16, 2014

Does Your Personality Affect Your Writing?

Does your personality affect your writing? Do you keep your thoughts to yourself, or let the whole world know what is on your mind? Taking personality tests can be interesting for a few purposes. There are so many personality tests out; ranging from interests to actions and so on. Some are taken to help figure out what you might be interested in majoring in for a career, or simply just for pleasure. For this assignment, I took the Jung Typology test. I knew my results were spot on, because I took the Strong test as well as Myers Briggs, and got the same results. ENFP. 

The E stands for Extroversion. I prefer extroversion 89% over introversion. To be an extrovert, you have to be extremely outgoing, talkative, and super energetic. The N stands for intuition. For me, I pay attention to meanings behind certain things/actions. I use past experiences to help with future problems. I remember events and look at things in the "bigger picture." The F stands for feelings. I am more concerned about other's feelings over my own. I am extremely caring and have a big heart. I think with my heart, not with my head. The P stands for perceiving. I am extremely open to new ideas and opportunities. I am very laid back, and wait until the last minute to finish things. Pushing deadlines makes me do a better job though; it is kind of weird. I am very open minded about everything. 

I really do believe that your personality can affect your writing. It is how perceive things, your experiences, ideas, thoughts, opinions.. that is all based on your personality. Your personality will really show in personal stories, because people get to know you through your emotions in telling a story. Are you very closed off or open? Do you look behind meanings or do you sense it? Do you think with your head or your heart? Do you perceive or judge? All of these aspects will greatly affect your writing, whether you realize it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment