Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 22, 2014

I believe...

I believe money cannot buy happiness. Our society is focused on money and material possessions, we forget what is really important. Money cannot buy love, and to me, love is the most important thing. Love does not have a price tag. Everyone needs love, not money. I think so much of today's depression is involved around money. Would you rather have all the money in the world, buy everything you want, but not have anyone to come home to at the end of the day? If any of you have read or seen The Great Gatsby, you know exactly what I am talking about. Humans crave love.




How many material possessions do we really need? We have the basics to get buy, and a lot of us have all the extras. We are temporarily happy with material possessions for awhile, until they go out of style or something new comes out. Material items will be thrown out, given away, and replaced. But love, love never goes out of style. Love does not get old. Love is irreplaceable. We all need someONE to love, not necessarily someTHING.




Like I said earlier, love is the most important thing. No matter if it's a family, friend, boyfriend, or a pet; the feeling fulfills a need. We need love to function. We don't NEED a mansion to live in, five cars to drive, or a closet full of clothes we cycle through. What we do need is someone that cares, is there for you, makes you laugh and smile, and loves you. Like the Beatles said, "All you need is love."




Word count: 267

2 comments:

  1. Megan,
    You are so right. It is incredibly sad how much people seem to think that they "need" specific things to function. I don't know about you, but I do know that I can think I need something, and then later come to realize it wasn't a necessity. When I was younger I had the opportunity to go on a trip to the Ukraine. The trip taught me many things, one of them being how little we need to survive. It always makes me happy to find out that I am on the same page with another person, and this is no exception. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree on the fact that money cannot buy happiness and a fellow friend of mine is so superficial that she does not want to grasp this concept and is willing to date a man 22 years her elder just because he is so loaded that he owns 2 houses and a building in springfield! One thing that money can definitely buy in America is health. If you are dead broke and you happen to be sick , you will be plain dead... the richer you are, the better the care will be, even though every doctor are under Hypocrates' oath, it seems that the oath can be altered on the golf course.

    ReplyDelete